Haldane welcomes the era of deeper thinking
Haldane's 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
- Ensure that teaching and learning strategies are aligned K-12 to maintain a collaborative professional environment where best and next practices are discovered and shared, while fully implementing common core initiatives that provide rigor and relevance along with deep thinking, reflection and innovation.
- Nurture a collaborative professional environment that builds the capacity of the staff through ongoing professional development that is sustainable and embedded in structure, culture, and climate while providing time to think, plan, and collaborate.
- Develop and support an ongoing passion for teaching and learning through the implementation of authentic, project-based experiences that promote engagement, motivation and deeper learning and provide diverse career, civic, and educational opportunities.
- Provide the space, tools, and capacity to grow and change as needed to meet the demands of the learner in a campus where technology is ubiquitous and access is available to all. These classroom supports will foster multiple learning styles and fit the needs of all students.
- Support creation and implementation of “Learner Profiles” that inform and address social, emotional and academic needs of the student.
- Maintain and enhance a robust and diverse platform of educational and extra-curricular opportunities and effectively communicate the availability to all students K-12. Ensure that extra-curricular activities nurture qualities of leadership, social and civic responsibility and a spirit of curiosity, discovery and entrepreneurial problem solving.
- Embrace the concept of a campus that allows students to engage in learning through travel to the community and beyond (Physical or Virtual Travel), promoting opportunities year-round both on campus and in the community.
- Develop a financial plan that is both fiscally and educationally responsible, creating greater efficiencies through shared services and stronger relationships with municipalities and neighboring school districts, while tapping into new revenue sources.
- Create a long range facilities plan that will begin to match the buildings and the classrooms to the dynamic vision of the community and its students, ensuring a safe, efficient, collaborative and inspiring place to learn.
- Maintain ongoing two-way communication with the community to make it an integral part of any future initiatives and foster an understanding of the living strategic vision for our schools.