Kathryn O'Hara, RN, School Nurse email@example.com
845-265-9254, ext 125
If you have concerns regarding the health or wellbeing of your child, or would like to notify us of any important changes, please feel free to contact the Health Office.
Please notify the health office of any special health needs your child may have, including:
- Bee sting or other allergy as well as any required medication (see policy below)
- Any illness that may be contagious
- Any illness or condition requiring special care
- Any difficulty with vision, hearing, or speech
- Need for medication during school hours
- Need for special aids such as crutches, wheelchairs, special transportation, etc.
Please review the following signs and symptoms that indicate your child should be kept out of school until symptoms resolve or treated medically
- Temperature of 100 degrees or greater (until 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without the use of medication)
- Strep Throat or Scarlet Fever (until treated with antibiotics x 24 hours and fever free)
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis (Pinkeye) (until treated with antibiotic eye drops x 24 hours)
- Impetigo (until treated with antibiotics x 24 hours)
- Untreated Pediculosis (lice)
- Severe cold symptoms – excessive sneezing, coughing, runny nose, etc.
- Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhea
- Rash or open lesions on any body part
- Severe Earache, Toothache, or Headache
- Pain or limitation of movement from an injury