Aspire Internship Program
A SENIOR PROGRAM FOR INTERNSHIPS, RESEARCH, AND ENRICHMENT
The ASPIRE program at Haldane High School is a culminating experience designed to enrich a student’s high school career. ASPIRE offers students occupational experience and knowledge outside of the classroom. The four to seven-week program provides seniors with a hands-on learning opportunity to gain experience in a career of their choice. With the help of the ASPIRE coordinators, Haldane students find internships that are suited to their interests.
For more information, please contact:
Melissa Seideman, Coordinator
Haldane High School
15 Craigside Dr
Cold Spring, NY 10516
(914) 269-8514 (after 2:15)
- HOW DOES AN ASPIRE INTERNSHIP WORK?
- HOW DOES ASPIRE BENEFIT HALDANE SENIORS?
- HOW DOES ASPIRE BENEFIT LOCAL BUSINESSES?
- WHAT INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH ASPIRE?
Seniors who participate in the ASPIRE Internship Program benefit from career exploration through the following steps and deliverables:
- Identify career areas of interest
- Meet with internship coordinators at Haldane for guidance and instruction
- Work closely with site supervisors at internship location
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of onsite interning per week
- Maintain journals of their experiences
- Participate in progress checks and evaluation by site supervisor and coordinator
- Prepare a final presentation
- Explore a career in an area of interest
- Gain an understanding of the importance of work ethics, timeliness, and good study habits
- Have opportunities to improve their teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Become better prepared to make career choices
- Experience the working world and prepare for successful careers
- Become more motivated, goal oriented, and committed to school
- Experience the non-monetary value of a rewarding, well-suited career
Haldane’s ASPIRE coordinators work with area businesses to provide a wide array of career experiences for Haldane seniors. In recent years, internships fields included:
- Law Enforcement
- Computer Programming
- General Contracting & Construction
- Early Childhood Education
- Graphic Arts
- Physical Therapy
- Scientific Research
- Social Work
- Interior Design
- Veterinary Medicine
- Web Page Design